PLAY IT.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

During my jet boat ride, I thought of God and how much He loves us, and how come he never hated us despite all the sins we commit.
And it brought me to this question.

Which is worse. LOVE or HATE?

True enough, it's an easy question. However, look deeper into it. Do you see a grey area?? And then suddenly.. It becomes the most difficult question on earth. Love becomes worse than hate and hate becomes worse than love.

I always thought that hate was such a simple thing. But as you grow up, it gets more and more complex. To the point if you don't know whether you love or hate somone/thing.

Take me for example. When I was a lot younger, I thought I hated ____ (this particular person, let's name that person ABC). But someone during my YISS told me, "The deeper you hate the person. The more you LOVE the person."
I got it immediately. If you didn't even love the person to begin with (that would mean that you have no emotions or whatsoever for that person), you wouldn't even bother hating the person.

"True. So completely true. Do I love ABC? Or do I hate ABC?"
It is left undiscovered. This burden... I can't take it.



God. HELP ME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home