PLAY IT.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Camp experience.
It's one of the best ever.


Day 1
I went in expecting it to be a little boring. Looking at the venue. It was dark and dim.
I stepped into the session room for the first time. I didn't like the smell of it. I told myself. "That's it. I'm better off dead."

We started off Day 1 with mass and sharings.
Had games and we played amazing race.
End of Day 1.



Day 2.

The CLIMAX of the day was at night.
It was time of reconciliation.

"Give it all to the Lord. Give him everything. All your pain your sorrows, your anguish. All you have lift it up to him."
I tried.

I was ministered to by Cassilda. Healing took place deep within my heart.
She had a vision of a ROCK.
She prayed over me. I broke down. I know I cannot bring myself to forgive him. But that night. I told myself.. I WOULD. And I'll be free from this sorrow of mine.
I'll place it all at the foot of his cross. And surrender my entire being to him.
"WHAT on earth could a rock mean? Was it my heart? Was it my soul that was a rock?"
I didn't understand. The only one who knew the answer was God.

I was hungry for God, but I knew I wasn't asking enough. I had to be STARVING for God.

That night. All I felt was God's forgiveness, love and presence.
However, there was a mental block in me. I wasn't giving my all to him.
I was too self-conscious.
I didn't force myself any further.



Day 3.

Again the CLIMAX of the day was at night.
It was time of outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

Before the session. During Quiet Time.
I spoke to Antaeus. And he completed my incomplete puzzle of faith.
He was amazing. His words just filled my mind and I could feel God talking to me through him.

During the preparation of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
I managed to clear my mind of all distractions and I finally felt God's ENTIRE BEING with me.
I was slain when the eucharist was brought in, without anyone around ministering to me. Suddenly, the Holy Spirit filled my mind, body and soul from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet.
I felt at rest. Conscious of what was going on around me, I wanted to get back up on my feet. However, I felt restricted and I knew immediately it was the Holy Spirit.

"Come Holy Spirit. Fill me up inside with your warmth. Fill me up inside with all I need."

Apparently, according to Moses, I fell flat on my face. And the force could have caused my spectacles to break.
Praise God, my specs are still around.

The facilitators came in after my first resting in the H.S.
I was prayed over and I felt that I didn't desire for the gift of tongues. Thus, I didn't receive it that night.
I was so tired of trying. I felt heavy and I was slain for the second time.
I felt quite disappointed because I thought that I would have gotten it since the H.S. has already touched my soul.
"Why then didn't I get tongues?"
"I didn't desire it enough." Someone told me.

And for the third time. They asked people to step forward to be prayed over. I stepped forward. I wanted the gift of tongues, but I (not conscious) didn't desire for it.
I felt tired but I could feel the H.S. working wonders in me. Filling me with peace and taking ALL my hatred away.
And for the third time I fell.

My soul was exhausted yet filled with happiness.

I left the room to go to the toilet. Me, being scared of the dark. I wanted to run. However, I didn't. I felt someone walking beside me. It was Jesus.
(:
I talked to Him. Although many would have thought I was talking to myself.
Cool Time with God.
And once I re-entered the room. I felt Him leave me alone and enter the room filled with the H.S.



Day 4.

Freddy gave a session in the morning.
He asked. Who can speak in tongues?
I didn't raise my hand.
He asked again. Who cannot speak in tongues?
I raised it up high.
He asked. Who wants to speak in tongues?
I was afraid. I didn't raise my hand.

After much persuasion from Antaeus.
I went. The words he said "I'll be here behind you."
Faith gathered in me.. and I stepped forward.

Murphy was there to help.
"Do not analyse. Do not analyse."
I didn't and I received it. Baby tongues.

Christian came down.
And one lesson I learnt:
When we are weak, God is strong.
When we act strong, God will not be able to work in us.

We are the ZEROS. And he is the ONE.
If we all stand in one line, it'll always remain a ZERO.
However, if he stands beside each of us.. it'll be a 10. PERFECT 10.
Without him, we'll remain zeros.

Felt really sad to leave my friends and the camp.

This personal encounter with God has definitely changed my life.



If anyone hesitates about going for Y.I.S.S. (Youth in the spirit seminar)
Please don't bother thinking twice.
It's the best experience you can ever have with God.
You would just thirst for Him SO SO SO bad. You never want to leave him again.



People I would love to thank in this camp.

ANTAEUS! (: He was the one who lifted me up when I had doubts. My pillar of strength for the camp. And he was the one who comforted me and assured me that he'll be there. (:

LYNETTE! My temporary girlfriend. A great facil who was fun and enjoyable. She shared her insights with me. And i definitely learnt a lot.

group AMAZING. For being there with me. Through all the group sharings which I love SO much. Although I might have been a little long-winded.
Joavan. Brandon. Moses. Joshua. Freda. Emmanuel.

Rachel, Marie, Freda. My roommates. Who were willing to make friends with me.

The other group people. Larris. Angel. Benedict. Patricia.

The rest of the service team who made a difference in my life.
Grace, Qingquan, Cassilda, Leonard, Justin FERNANDEZ, Freddy, Dominic, Carol, Bernard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home