PLAY IT.

Friday, May 26, 2006

To those who have not filed your income tax yet, here are some words of comfort.

A tax assessor came one day to a poor pastor to determine the amount of taxes the pastor would have to pay.


The following conversation took place:


“What property do you possess?” asked the assessor.


“I am e very wealthy man,” replied the minister.


“List your possessions please,” the assessor instructed.


The pastor said:


First, I have everlasting life (John 3:16)

Second, I have a mansion in heaven (John 14:2)

Third, I have peace that passes all understanding (Phillipians 4:7)

Fourth, I have joy unspeakable (1 Peter 1:8)

Fifth, I have divine love which never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8)

Sixth, I have a faithful pious wife (Proverbs 31:10)

Seventh, I have healthy, happy, obedient children (Exodus 20:12)

Eighth, I have true loyal friends (Proverbs 18:24)

Ninth, I have songs in the night (Psalms 42:8)

Tenth, I have the crown of life (James 1:12)


The tax assessor closed his book and said, “Truly you are a very rich man, but your property is not subjected to taxation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home